Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Baked Chicken Wings
3 Ibs chicken wings
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 pinch black pepper, to taste
chopped green onion, for garnish (optional)
sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1 1/4 cup of water, divided
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp cornstarch
For The Chicken Wings
1. Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. An oven-safe wire baking rack should be placed inside a baking sheet that has been parchment paper lined. Set pan aside.
2. Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels, then transfer chicken wings to a large bowl.
3. 3 Ibs chicken wings
4. Add baking powder, sea salt, and black pepper to the bowl, then toss chicken wings to coat.
5. 1 tbsp baking powder,1 tsp fine sea salt,1 pinch black pepper
6. Arrange chicken wings on a rack on a prepared baking sheet, spacing them so that the chicken wings do not touch.
7. Bake chicken wings for 40-45 minutes or until wings are a light golden brown.
For The Teriyaki Sauce
1. While the chicken cooks, add 1 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ground ginger, and garlic powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Let mixture come to a boil, whisking frequently.
2. 1 1/4 cup of water,1/4 cup soy sauce,1/4 cup light brown sugar,2 tbsp honey,1/2 tsp ground ginger,1/4 tsp garlic powder
3. While the sauce comes to a boil, create a slurry by adding the remaining 1/4 cup water and cornstarch to a small bowl, then whisking until the cornstarch is dissolved.
4. 1 1/4 cups of water,2 tbsp cornstarch
5. Pour the slurry into the saucepan, then bring the sauce back to a boil, whisking frequently. Once boiling, cook for 1-2 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. For best results, the sauce should easily coat the back of a spoon.
6. Remove the teriyaki sauce from the heat and let cool slightly for about 5-10 minutes.
Leave a Comment