Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
1.5 kg lamb
Pepper and Salt
Four large sprigs of rosemary chopped into small sprigs
Three garlic cloves sliced thinly
One lamb stock cube
Two tbsp plain flour
400 ml of scalding water
2. The oven should be preheated to 220C, 200C, gas mark 7, or 425F.
3. Take the lamb out of the packing, then place it on a board. The lamb has several little holes cut all over it. Salt and pepper the meat and drizzle it with olive oil. Rub the oil, salt, and pepper all over the lamb before inserting a little rosemary sprig and a garlic clove into each hole.
4. Bake the lamb for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
5. When the lamb is finished cooking, take it out of the oven and place it on a plate or board (I often use a clean roasting pan or even a pizza tray!)
6. After 15 minutes of resting, slice and serve.
7. Gravy: You may create a quick gravy while the lamb is resting.
8. In a jug, add the plain flour after crushing the stock cube. Using a little quantity of cold water, blend to a smooth paste. While continually swirling, add 400 ml of hot water to the jug.
9. Remove the grease from the roasting pan you used, then place the pan on the stovetop over low heat. Add the lamb gravy jug, stirring to combine the parts at the bottom of the pan.
10. Add the lamb’s juices when it has finished resting, and then simmer the gravy for around 5 minutes. Refill the jug with the liquid, then serve the lamb.
Leave a Comment