Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 2 hrs
Total Time: 2 hrs 10 mins
Six pounds of bone-in turkey breast. I use a half breast
5 tbsp softened butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp sage leaves finely minced
1 1/2 tsp rosemary leaves finely minced
1 tbsp thyme leaves finely minced
2 tbsp parsley finely minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
optional rosemary sprigs for decoration
1. Set the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Apply cooking spray to a baking pan.
2. Butter, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper should all be combined in a bowl. To blend, stir.
3. Turkey breast skin should be loosened. Spread one-half of the butter on top of the turkey breast and the other half over the underside of the bird’s skin.
4. The turkey should be put in the baking pan. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven or until the skin barely starts to brown.
5. Three hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit should be the new oven setting. About an hour and fifteen minutes of baking are required; baste regularly with pan juices.
6. Put a thermometer into the thickest portion of the turkey’s flesh to determine its temperature. When the thermometer reads at least 160 degrees, the turkey is ready to be removed from the oven.
7. The turkey should be covered with foil and allowed to rest for 5 to 10 minutes or until the thermometer reads at least 165 degrees F.
8. Serve with a rosemary garnish.
Leave a Comment