Experience the heartwarming nostalgia of Grandma Parker’s Meat Loaf – a beloved family recipe that has stood the test of time. This classic dish embodies the essence of comfort food, with a perfect blend of flavorful ground meat, seasonings, and a tangy glaze. Gather your loved ones and indulge in a taste of tradition with this timeless meat loaf recipe.
In the treasure trove of cherished family recipes, there’s a dish that holds a special place in the hearts of generations – Grandma Parker’s Meat Loaf. This time-honored recipe carries with it a sense of comfort and nostalgia, reminding us of the warmth and love that emanates from a home-cooked meal. Join us as we journey back to the flavors of yesteryears with this classic and heartwarming meat loaf.
A Taste of Family Tradition
Meat loaf has long been a symbol of home and hearth, a testament to the bond shared around the family table. Grandma Parker’s Meat Loaf captures that sentiment perfectly, blending simple ingredients with a touch of culinary magic. With every bite, you’ll be transported to a time when the aroma of freshly baked meat loaf filled the air, and the laughter of loved ones echoed through the halls.
A Closer Look at Grandma Parker’s Meat Loaf
Here’s a list of the key ingredients you’ll need to recreate Grandma Parker’s Meat Loaf:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Servings: 6 servings
Estimated Cost: $10-$12
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Courses: Main Course
Cuisines: American, Comfort
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, chopped onion, garlic powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Press the meat mixture into the greased loaf pan, shaping it into a loaf shape.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard to create the glaze.
- Spread the glaze evenly over the top of the meat loaf.
- Bake the meat loaf in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (70°C).
- Once cooked, remove the meat loaf from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Serve and Enjoy: Grandma Parker’s Meat Loaf pairs wonderfully with classic sides like mashed potatoes and green beans. The leftovers can be used to make delicious sandwiches the next day, ensuring that the flavors of this beloved dish continue to bring joy.
A Flavorful Heritage on Your Plate
Grandma Parker’s Meat Loaf is more than just a meal – it’s a piece of family history that transcends time. Its comforting flavors and familiar taste evoke memories of shared moments and cherished traditions. As you savor each bite, you’ll be reminded of the love and care that went into perfecting this treasured recipe.
Grandma Parker’s Meat Loaf is a culinary journey that connects the past with the present, infusing your dining experience with a sense of belonging and nostalgia. Its humble yet robust flavors tell a story of generations united by the joy of good food and loving company. Embrace this classic dish and create your own memories as you pay homage to the legacy of Grandma Parker and her timeless meat loaf recipe.