Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 55 minutes | Serves 6
4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus room-temperature butter for greasing
½ cup sugar
3 large eggs
½ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons shredded toasted coconut
1. Generously butter a 7-inch round baking pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper cut to fit.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs, cream, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until the ingredients are well blended, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low speed until the ingredients are well combined and the batter is relatively smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Set the pan in the air-fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 325 ° F for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more, until a knife (do not use a toothpick) inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let cool on the rack for 20 minutes before slicing.
6. Slice and serve topped with the toasted coconut.
Leave a Comment