Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Serves 4
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon water
¼ cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 cup crisp rice cereal
2 medium, very firm peaches, peeled and pitted
¼ cup cornstarch
oil for misting or cooking spray
1. Preheat air fryer to 390 ° F.
2. Beat together egg whites and water in a shallow dish.
3. In a food processor, combine the almonds, brown sugar, and almond extract. Process until ingredients combine well and the nuts are finely chopped.
4. Add cereal and pulse just until cereal crushes. Pour crumb mixture into a shallow dish or onto a plate.
5. Cut each peach into eighths and place in a plastic bag or container with lid. Add cornstarch, seal, and shake to coat.
6. Remove peach slices from bag or container, tapping them hard to shake off the excess cornstarch. Dip in egg wash and roll in crumbs. Spray with oil.
7. Place in air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes. Shake basket, separate any that have stuck together, and spritz a little oil on any spots that aren ’ t browning.
8. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes longer, until golden brown and crispy.
Leave a Comment