Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Marinate Time: 1 hr
3 Ibs chicken wings
1 tbsp thyme
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp white pepper
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp bouillon powder (or replace with salt)
1½ cups of buttermilk
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cornstarch
frying using vegetable oil
1. Clean the chicken wings well, then pat them dry using paper towels.
2. Salt, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and chicken bouillon should all be combined in a bowl. Half the seasoning should be used.
3. Distribute equally on the wings half of the spice mixture. Coat by tossing.
4. Mix in the buttermilk and egg after adding them. Place in the fridge for an hour or all night.
5. In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining spice blend, baking powder, cornstarch, and flour.
6. After removing the chicken from the marinade, coat it with the flour mixture.
7. To 375°F/177°C, heat oil in a deep fryer or cast-iron pan.
8. Carefully add the chicken to the heated oil using a tong. Work in groups. Avoid packing the skillet too full.
9. Fry, the chicken for 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
10. The chicken wings should be dried on paper towels before being placed on a wire rack.
11. Before serving with your preferred dipping sauce, let it cool for ten minutes.
Leave a Comment