Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup pecans
1½ teaspoons cinnamon
1½ teaspoons brown sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
1 egg white
2 teaspoons water
1 medium apple
oil for misting or cooking spray
1. In a food processor, combine panko, pecans, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Process to make small crumbs.
2. Place cornstarch in a plastic bag or bowl with lid. In a shallow dish, beat together the egg white and water until slightly foamy.
3. Preheat air fryer to 390 ° F.
4. Cut apple into small wedges. The thickest edge should be no more than ⅜ – to ½ -inch thick. Cut away the core, but do not peel.
5. Place apple wedges in cornstarch, reseal bag or bowl, and shake to coat.
6. Dip wedges in egg wash, shake off excess, and roll in crumb mixture. Spray with oil.
7. Place apples in air fryer basket in single layer and cook for 5 minutes. Shake basket and break apart any apples that have stuck together. Mist lightly with oil and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, until crispy.
Leave a Comment