Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 7 minutes | Serves 4
⅔ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
1. Spray a fryer basket lightly with olive oil.
2. In a medium shallow bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
3. In a separate small shallow bowl, whisk the egg with 1 ½ teaspoons of water to make an egg wash.
4. Dip the bell pepper slices in the egg wash to coat, then dredge them in the panko bread crumbs until evenly coated.
5. Place the bell pepper slices in the fryer basket in a single layer. Lightly spray the bell pepper strips with oil. You may need to cook these in batches.
6. Air fry until lightly browned, 4 to 7 minutes.
7. Carefully remove from fryer basket to ensure the that the coating does not come off. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment