Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
8 flour tortillas (6- or 7-inch diameter)
oil for misting or cooking spray
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
¼ cup light sour cream
¼ teaspoon salt
2 ounces Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. Make the sauce by melting butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour until smooth and slightly bubbly. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly until smooth. Cook and stir 1 minute, until the mixture slightly thickens. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, chiles, oregano, cumin, onion powder, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in 3 to 4 tablespoons of the sauce, using just enough to make the filling moist but not soupy.
3. Divide filling among the 8 tortillas. Place filling down the center of tortilla, stopping about 1 inch from edges. Fold one side of tortilla over filling, fold the two sides in, and then roll up. Mist all sides with oil or cooking spray.
4. Place chimichangas in air fryer basket seam side down. To fit more into the basket, you can stand them on their
sides with the seams against the sides of the basket.
5. Cook at 360 ° F for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and crispy brown outside.
6. Add the shredded cheese to the remaining sauce. Stir over low heat, warming just until the cheese melts. Don’t boil or sour cream may curdle.
7. Drizzle the sauce over the chimichangas.
Leave a Comment