Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 15 minutes to chill | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Serves 4
½ cup mayonnaise
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons Creole mustard
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1½ cups buttermilk
1 large egg
3 teaspoons salt-free Cajun seasoning (page 182)
1 pound jumbo raw shrimp (21 to 25 count), peeled and deveined
2 cups finely ground cornmeal
Kosher salt and black pepper
Vegetable oil spray
1. For the remoulade: In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients until well combined. Cover the sauce and chill until serving time.
2. For the shrimp: In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning. Add the shrimp and toss gently to combine. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, cornmeal, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spray the air fryer basket with the vegetable oil spray. Dredge the shrimp in the cornmeal mixture until well coated. Shake off any excess and arrange the shrimp in the air fryer basket. Spray with oil spray.
5. Set the air fryer to 350 ° F for 8 minutes, carefully turning and spraying the shrimp with the oil spray halfway through the cooking time.
6. Serve the shrimp with the remoulade.
Leave a Comment