Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Serves 2
½ cup buttermilk
¾ cup self-rising flour
¾ cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (to mix into coating)
4 chicken drumsticks, skin on
oil for misting or cooking spray
1. Beat together egg and buttermilk in shallow dish.
2. In a second shallow dish, combine the flour, panko crumbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Sprinkle chicken legs with additional salt and pepper to taste.
4. Dip legs in buttermilk mixture, then roll in panko mixture, pressing in crumbs to make coating stick. Mist with oil or cooking spray.
5. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
6. Cook drumsticks at 360 ° F for 10 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook an additional 10 minutes.
7. Turn pieces to check for browning. If you have any white spots that haven ’ t begun to brown, spritz them with oil or cooking spray. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes or until crust is golden brown and juices run clear. Larger, meatier drumsticks will take longer to cook than small ones.
Leave a Comment